6 Beach Cottage Decor Ideas
- White shiplap - Bright white paint is a staple of almost every beach cottage. It reflects sunlight, making everything feel bright and clean. Another common element is shiplap siding - a style in which each board overlaps the board below. We have incorporated this look into our cupola designs, offering shiplap bases on all our cupolas.
- Louvered doors, shutters, and cupolas - Louvers provide protection from the elements while still allowing the sea breezes to blow through your home. Adding a louvered cupola to your roof or gazebo will provide much needed ventilation and allow hot, muggy air to escape.
- Let the sun shine - Most beach cottages feature large windows to let in both the spectacular views and ample sunshine. Adding a window cupola to your roofline will bring even more natural light into your home, reducing the need for electric lighting.
- Don’t mind feeling blue - Incorporate the colors of the sea into your home, from sapphire blue to bright turquoise. These colors pop beautifully against lighter elements, such as a white vinyl cupola or beautiful western red cedar cupola. If you prefer a seamless look, our vinyl cupolas can easily be painted to match your home.
- Pineapples - Pineapples are now a widespread symbol of hospitality, but the tradition started in coastal communities. There are several ways you can incorporate this motif around your home, including weathervanes, lanterns in your cupola or on posts along your driveway and walkways, even as a topper for your mailbox post.
- Weathervanes - Weathervanes have long been a part of nautical culture, since sailors depended on the wind to tell them about the weather and to steer their vessels. Keep the tradition alive by adding one of our beautiful copper weathervanes to your roof or cupola. From whales and lobsters to mermaids and boats, we have over two dozen nautical designs to choose from.