Our Favorite Outdoor Fall Home Decor Ideas
- Set the tone with a front door welcome - Whether you have a small stoop or a sweeping front porch, you can create a beautiful autumn vignette to greet your guests. For small areas, line your steps with pumpkins or fall flowers for pops of color that don't take up too much space. Grouping several small pumpkins and gourds can add more color and variety than a single, big pumpkin. If you have a larger porch, don't be afraid to go big: tie cornstalks to your pillars (with a festive ribbon!), or set a hay bale next to the door and pile it with pumpkins and mums. If you have chairs on your porch, be sure to set out some blankets to keep your guests cozy on crisp nights.
- Choose a natural wreath - Fall home decor is all about celebrating natural materials. From leaves and berries to wheat and Indian corn, there is an abundance of options for crafting a stunning, one-of-a-kind wreath. If your front porch is filled with color, a neutral wreath - such as wheat - allows the other decorations to stand out. If your decorations are minimal, you can create an elaborate wreath as a focal point.
- Celebrate windy days with a weathervane - Blustery autumn days send leaves dancing and weathervanes dancing! Fall leaves are the perfect backdrop to a copper weathervane, whether polished or patinated. Weathervanes not only add beauty and joy to your home, they help you keep track of changing winds that can herald storms.
- Spread fall color with flowers - For many people, "mums" are synonymous with "fall flowers," but there is a wide variety of fall foliage that can add color to your yard through to frost. Winter pansies look the same as their Spring cousins, but are hardened to endure colder temperatures. Coxcomb (Celosia) comes in a variety of vibrant colors, and their unique shapes add texture and character. Rudbeckia (a.k.a., coneflowers or black eyed susans) have shades from pale yellow to red-orange, and their dark centers pair well against millet or ornamental grasses.
- Add a cupola to your roof - If you've been thinking about adding a cupola to your home, fall is the perfect time to install. Whether you're looking to add ventilation to a garage, shed, or attic, or want to illuminate your yard and driveway as the nights get shorter, we have the perfect cupola for you. Let our cupola specialists help you design the cupola of your dreams and give your home a brand new look.
Need a cupola or weathervane? Call Valley Forge Cupolas today at 866-400-1776 and see why we are the leaders in quality and customer satisfaction!