Decorating Ideas for the Holidays
- White lights and fresh greens - Nothing cheers up a home’s exterior quite like white lights and fresh-cut greens. This classic look is easy to achieve, and can be as subtle or extravagant as you like. Wrap lights around your trees, shrubs or railings, outline windows and doors, or weave into garland for some extra twinkle. Decorating with greens provides endless possibilities: fill your window boxes and planters with fresh-cut greens such as cedar, pine, boxwood and holly; hang swags on your door or mailbox; hang garland around your entryways and railings; and decorate your windows, doors and cupola with wreaths.
- Pinecones and plaid - From buffalo plaid to traditional tartan, adding plaid bows to your wreaths, doors and lampposts gives a cheery woodland feel to your home. Embrace the woodland theme by adding pinecones, birch logs, white sticks and other natural elements to your displays. You could even top your cupola with our Pine Trees weathervane!
- Classic Christmas - You don’t have to fill your yard with Christmas inflatables or millions of lights to capture that holiday feeling; a few well-placed items can give your home plenty of Christmas charm without all the work. Focus on your entryway, as this is the main focal point of your home. Choose a few large decorations that can be easily seen from the road, such as a nutcracker statue or faux presents, and stage them on your porch and walkway. You could also opt for hanging some large shatterproof ornaments from the trees in your yard.
- Winter wonderland - If you’re a fan of decorations that can stay up until spring, go with a winter theme. Snowmen, snowflakes and white lights can be enjoyed all through the winter months, saving you from having to take down decorations in freezing temperatures.
- Lights, lights and more lights - Nothing dispels the gloom of long winter nights like the warm, cheerful glow of lanterns and candles. Traditionally, candles in windows were a signal that a home was open to travelers as a safe place to stay or an invitation to neighbors and loved ones to visit. You can keep that tradition alive with our cupola lanterns and lantern posts, adding a warm, welcoming glow to your roofline and walkways.
Why not treat yourself to a custom cupola for Christmas? Our elves are ready to create the cupola of your dreams! Call us today at 866-400-1776.