Types of Weathervane Roof Mounts
How to Mount a Weathervane on a Roof
- First, you must choose your mount. (If you're mounting your weathervane on a cupola, learn how to install a cupola here.) You will need a level, a pencil, a drill, and a wrench or power driver.
- Place your mount on the desired roof location and insert the largest assembly rod of the weathervane.
- Next, ensure that the assembly rod is vertical and that the mount is in the right orientation by checking with a level.
- Once it is level, mark the screw holes with a pencil and drill pilot holes.
- Fill the holes with caulk to prevent leaks.
- Now, with the screws provided, attach the roof mount with a wrench or power driver.
- Recheck the assembly rod to make sure it is still level, then tighten the legs and/or assembly rod