7 Easy Creative Christmas Decorations
- Hang ornaments in your windows - Traditional glass ornaments look especially cheerful when hung in a window. Simply attach them to the curtain rod with some colorful ribbon, varying the height of the ornaments. This display can be enjoyed by both those inside and outside your home, and is especially beautiful when the morning sun shines on the ornaments. It is also a quick, fun way to add Christmas cheer to a kitchen.
- Turn your front door into a present - Looking for something other than a wreath to hang on your door? Simply grab some extra wide ribbon and a large bow at your local craft store, and you’ll have a beautiful front door in minutes! Dressing up your front door like a present makes your whole house look like a gift. You can also use this idea in the kitchen to dress up your cabinet doors!
- Victorian-style lamp posts - If you have lantern posts on your property, decorating them in traditional Victorian Christmas style is a great way to get in the Christmas spirit. Create the look by either hanging a wreath on the post, adding an elaborate red bow, or wrapping the whole thing in garland.
- Make a snow-free snowman - If a white Christmas isn’t in the forecast, you can still have snowmen visit your yard. Simply use three wreaths of varying sizes (you can use real or faux greens, or even grapevine) and mount them to a wooden support. You can display your “snow”man as is, or add stick-arms and a scarf for more character.
- Create themed decorations for your mailbox - Extend the creative Christmas decorations all the way to your curb by adding your mailbox to the fun. You could add burlap and evergreen branches to the post, or wrap the box itself with a plaid scarf and some old skates.
- Turn a flower box into an ornament box - Why let your flower box sit empty? Fill it with some greens then add large, brightly colored outdoor ornaments. Or, if you prefer flowers in your flower box, add some fake poinsettias for a festive touch.
- Decorate your cupola - For Christmas style that can be seen from a distance, don’t forget to decorate your cupola! Whether you hang a large wreath upon it or trim it in garland and lights, a beautifully decorated cupola tops your house like a star on a tree.